Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Hello,

And Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there.  I'm taking advantage of a few free moments before we head out to two (overlapping) soccer games to write this post.

It's been a busy few weeks.  Work has been crazy busy, spring gets hectic with three kids on separate travel soccer teams and then the beginning of all of the extra end of the school year activities.  So, there hasn't been much opportunity to steal moments to get into my craft area.

I did manage to grab some time to make some Mother's Day Cards.  That was a necessity - since I had to have them to send to my mother and step-mother! :)  Since I also needed cards for the swap at my monthly card club I used my limited crafting time to do double duty.  The ladies at card club received these Mother's Day Cards in the swap!


The card base is made from Neenah Solar White 110 lb card stock.  The colored layer is Melon Mambo card stock from StampinUp! The ribbon and ink is also StampinUp! Melon Mambo.  The flower stamps are from the StampinUp! Punch Potpourri (Hostess) set.  The sentiment is from the Gina K Designs retired set Kindred Greetings for Her.  The three flowers were popped up with and the black centers were created with black Enamel Accents.

I've had a very lovely day so far.  The weather is sunny, pleasantly warm and its a beautiful day!  I got up and went to my Yoga class this morning - my treat to me was not skipping a class that helps me to feel so energized and calm.  When I got home my husband and daughter were just getting back from the store - my daughter wanted to buy me flowers!  When I stepped in the house, I could smell brownies - not an uncommon occurrence since my second son loves to bake.  But, the pleasant surprise was that they were special gluten-free brownies for me!  It's been so long since I had brownies.  What a great surprise.

Then the three kids (under the supervision of my husband) made me breakfast.  It was a multi-course breakfast.  It started with fruit salad, continued with scrambled eggs and bacon and concluded with a special dessert of a warm brownie with a dollop of whipped cream, some chocolate sauce and garnished with some mini chocolate chips.  So yummy and such a treat!

We'll be stopping for dinner on the way home from this afternoon's soccer double header.

I hope all the rest of you mothers have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you can come back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Tell me what you think!

Thanks for visiting.