Thursday, April 17, 2014

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to Me!  Happy Birthday to Crafting Stolen Moments!  Today is my birthday and one year since I started my blog.

I haven't been very good about posting as often as I would like this year, but I'm still trying to craft those stolen moments!  I'm still working to find the balance - work, family life, kids schedules, couple time, crafting time, computer time, etc.  But, I also need to continue working on remembering to stop, slow down and Breathe!

It's been a hectic week with guests, work, kids and getting ready for April Vacation next week.  So, I haven't been able to get any time in my craft area.  But, my husband's birthday was just three weeks ago and I haven't posted the cards that I made for him - from myself and each of the kids - so that's what I'll post today.

I still have quite a bit of prep work to do tonight so I'll try to be brief.

This first card was made using Stampin Up! Mosaic Motif stamps.  I believe the inks were Night of Navy (?), Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie.  The sentiment is from Gina K Designs.  This was a quick, CAS card with no additional layers on a card base of Neenah Solar White heavy card stock.

This next card was made using the Lots of Lines stamp set from Gina K Designs.  The ink colors were blue and beige for the lined circles and black for the sentiment.  Again, a quick CAS card with no layers on my favorite card base - Neenah Solar White 110lb card stock.


This card was a fun one that my daughter helped me to design.  The only actual stamping on the card is the sentiment which is also from the Lots of Lines stamp set.  The colored stripes are scraps of card stock that were in my scrap basket.  Super simple, but bright and cheery!

This last card uses the Pretty Patterns 2 stamp set from Gina K Designs.   The ink colors are Tempting Turquoise, Lucky Limeade and Rich Razzleberry.  The sentiment was stamped in Black.  Another CAS no-layer card.  Sensing a theme here?  I think I was out of time, it was his actual birthday, and I needed cards!

So there you have them, the quick and easy birthday cards that I made for my husband - presented on my birthday! :)

Sorry for being skimpy on the details, but I wanted to get a post done today to celebrate the first birthday of my blog.  I didn't want to let that slip by.  But, I must go and finish getting the 5 of us packed so that we can leave on our road trip tomorrow afternoon.  I still have to work half a day tomorrow so we really need to be mostly ready tonight!

Thanks for stopping by.  My goal for this year is to post more regularly.

Hope you can come visit again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Tell me what you think!

Thanks for visiting.