Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Saltwater Cure

Oh boy, I can't believe it's been so long since I posted.  So sorry to be MIA for so long.  Needless to say, things have been a bit busy.  I have been making cards - stealing moments here and there as needed but haven't managed to even grab a single moment to post anything.

This card is what I made for my card swap back in July.  The group had put out a challenge to use sea stamps.  I pulled out one of my favorite Gina K Designs stamp sets illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger. The Gifts From the Sea set is just so much fun to work with.  I love all of the sentiments in the set.  I made some cards using this sentiment and then made one with the "If you want to know how much I love you, count the waves" for my husband.

 The card base is StampinUp! Sahara Sand, the image panel is Very Vanilla and the waves were cut from shimmery blue and aqua 12 x 12 paper that I found in my stash.  I cut them with the Catch a Wave Die-namics Die from MFT Stamps.

The inks that I used were StampinUp Sahara Sand for the sand texture and the starfish, Pool Party for the edges of the Sahara Sand focal layer and GinaK Onyx ink for the shell and sentiment.

I colored the shell with my copics: E30, R20, E04 and outlined it with W1.

Well, that's all the time I have for now.  Tomorrow is the first day of school for my three kids, so there's a bunch of organizing and morning prep work that I still need to do tonight.

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope to see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Tell me what you think!

Thanks for visiting.