Wednesday, September 4, 2013

L'Shana Tovah! - Happy Rosh Hashanah

Hello again! I wish all of you - Jewish or not, a Sweet Year!

Well, today was the first day of school.  Woo Hoo!  11th Grade, 7th Grade and 5th Grade.  Last year of elementary school - ever.  It is kind of weird, though.  Last year of elementary school, but we'll also be spending time looking at colleges!

A couple of weeks ago my friend Lily asked me to make her some cards to send out for Rosh Hashanah.  Since I am not Jewish, I had to do some "research" regarding the holiday and what kinds of cards would be appropriate.  Lily has asked me to make her cards for several different occasions - many of which I've posted here on my blog.  Since I really didn't have any Jewish stamps, I did some looking.

I ended up purchasing the Mazel Tov and Mazel Tov Additions sets from Papertrey Ink.  They are very versatile sets for making cards for Jewish holidays and include lots of the appropriate sentiments.

Rosh Hashanah is the Jewish New Year.  Some of the images that are commonly used are apples and honey.  The typical sentiment is L'Shana Tovah.

Here is what I came up with - I was so happy that Lily loved them.
and the sentiment on the inside...
Here are the details of the cards.  The card base is made from Sahara Sand card stock.  The honey comb was created using the Hexagon Cover Plate die from Papertrey Ink.  I used part of the positive image from the die cut as well as some of the "extras" - the hexagons.  The apples and the bee were stamped on Neenah Solar White 80 lb layering weight card stock and then cut by hand. [Unfortunately, I don't have a silhouette cut file for either of those images :( ]  

The inks I used were Riding Hood Red and GinaK Onyx.  The inside and outside sentiments were from the Mazel Tov set.  The little flourish above and below the inside sentiment is from Mazel Tove Additions.  The apple is from the Garden Fresh stamp set by GinaK Designs, and the bee is from the A Beautiful Life set illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger for GinaK Designs.

That's all from me for now.  It's getting late, but since Rosh Hashanah started at sundown, I wanted to get this post out.

Thanks for stealing a few moments to visit with me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Tell me what you think!

Thanks for visiting.