Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Happy 101st Birthday Naneen!

Hi There,

No, the title is not a typo.  Today is my grandmother's 101st birthday!  Here's a photo of the lovely birthday girl taken earlier today.
The kids and I couldn't let this day go by without sending cards.  I made two.  One from my three kids (3 of her 10 great-grandkids) and one from my husband and I.

I made this card with lots of texture since she really can't see well.  I figured that with all the texture, layers and bling she'd have lots to touch.

The card base is Neenah Solar white, embossed with an embossing folder.  The tag layers are cut from SU Rich Razzleberry and Pretty in Pink using MFT's Well Worn Greetings Dienamics.  The numbers were cut from Rich Razzleberry using MFT's By the Numbers Dienamics.  I added some bling to the numbers for some extra dimension as well as some special sparkle for such an auspicious birthday!  The sentiment is from the By the Numbers stamp set by MFT.

This is the second card for my grandmother - from my husband and I.  I used Gina K Designs' StampTV set: Hello Sunshine.  The sentiment was from the Papertrey Ink Stylish Sentiments: Birthday stamp set.  The card base is Neenah Solar White card stock.  The inks are SU Marina Mist, Midnight Muse and Gumball Green.  I stamped the sentiment with GinaK Onyx ink.

So there you have them, my cards for my grandmother.  She is a special lady and I have many happy stories to share with my kids.  We all love you, Naneen!  Happy Birthday!

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope to visit with you again soon.

2 comments:

  1. She's looking great! God bless her! Great cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing. I LOVE your cards. Lot of hugs to your grandma she looks grat.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Tell me what you think!

Thanks for visiting.