Saturday, June 29, 2013

Lily's Cards - Anniversaries

Hi There,

Thanks for stopping by.  I thought I'd get caught up on a couple of cards that I haven't had a chance to post yet.

Both of these cards were commissioned by my co-worker Lily.  I'll talk about the most recent one first.

This one was for her to give to her husband Thursday to celebrate their 9th wedding anniversary.  The input that she gave me was that it had to have the number 9 on it since it was for their 9th anniversary.  I then asked what color she had used at her wedding.  Blue - a baby blue,  was her answer.

Here is what I came up with...


The card base was made from Neenah Solar White 110 lb card stock.  The white layers are Neenah Solar White 85 lb card stock.  The blue layers are DCWV Christmas & Winter Glitter Card Stock.  I cut the blue and white layers with Spellbinders dies.  The stamps are the Always & Forever stamp set duo by Gina K Designs.  I used the Always & Forever sentiment on the inside of the card.

I made another anniversary card of sorts for Lily in March.  This card was a celebration card/invitation to a party she was hosting to honor the 30th anniversary of her immigration to the United States from Romania.  For this one my direction was simply that it needed to incorporate red, white and blue but some yellow as well.  The Romanian flag is red, blue and yellow which is where the request for some yellow came from.  She wanted to reflect both her old life in Romania and her new life in the United States.  She wanted me to make a few so that she would have them to give to her invited guests to commemorate the event.  

I made one sample for her to look at, provide comments on and further direction.  Well, she loved it and wanted no changes.  So, here's the other card for Lily:

The card base was Neenah Solar White.  The other card stock was StampinUp! Not Quite Navy and Real Red.  I used craft whit ink for the white stars and real red ink for the inside sentiment.  The stars were all punched with the StampinUp! large star punch.  The navy star was embossed with an embossing folder.  The touch of yellow is 1/8" yellow grosgrain ribbon.

So there you have it Lily, both of your cards!  I'm glad to have had the opportunity to get to know you.

Hope you can stop by again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Tell me what you think!

Thanks for visiting.