Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Deepest Sympathy

Hello,

So sorry that it's been so long since I've posted.  June was a little out of control with the end of School activities, soccer playoffs, etc.  Work has been very hectic as well.  That hasn't left much time for crafting let alone posting!

I have made some cards, but the photos are still in my phone, so I'll post photos of cards that I made but haven't actually posted yet.

I'm sitting here with the two British Soccer Coaches that we are hosting this week watching the end of the Germany vs. Brazil world cup game.  Since Brazil just lost for the first time on home soil in more than 12 years (I think that's what the announcers said!) I thought Sympathy cards would be appropriate for today's post.

This first card is not one of my favorites, I'm not sure why.  Something about it just doesn't do it for me.  A friend requested some sympathy cards so I made several for her to choose from.  I think she took one of each design.  So I guess this card isn't totally bad, just not my favorite!


The card base is Neenah Solar White with a layer of StampinUp's Daffodil Delight.  The foliage and dragonfly stamps are from the Vertical Greetings set by Gina K Designs.  The sentiment is also from Gina K Designs - the With Sympathy Duo.

This next card is one of my favorites.  I think the color scheme and the lacy layer cut with a Spellbinders Borderability die really make the card special.  I used this same card with a "Thank You" sentiment for an order of Thank You cards that an accountant friend of mine requested.


The card base is Neenah Solar White 110lb card stock.  The blue layer is Stampin Up Bordering Blue which I believe is a retired color - I was using up some of my stash!  The white layer is Neenah Solar White 80lb layering weight card stock.  The sentiment is from the Vertical Greetings set by Gina K Designs.  The flowers are from the Dreams Take Flight Mini Stamp Set by Gina K Designs.

This last card was made using scraps!  I felt I needed to have another Sympathy Card style for my friend to close from so I just used what I could get my hands on easily!  Sometimes great cards come from scraps, remnants and leftovers.


The card base of this card is StampinUp's Crumb Cake.  The darker blue layer is StampinUp's Marina Mist.  The lighter blue peeking out from behind the paper lace strip is StampinUp's Bashful Blue.  The white was Neenah Solar White 80lb card stock.  It was punched with the StampinUp lace punch. The sentiment on this card is again from the Vertical Greetings set by Gina K Designs.

Well, that wraps this up.  I've got to find some time to process my card photos so that I have a stockpile of photos ready to post.  I'm really hoping to be better about that! :)

I hope you'll come back to visit again soon!  Until then, I'll continue to Craft Stolen Moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Tell me what you think!

Thanks for visiting.