Friday, February 14, 2014

Hanging Heart Valentine

Hi there, Happy Valentine's Day!

Sorry I've been absent.  Let's just say that January was jam packed, crazy busy with everything from tons of snow, snow days, gymnastics meets, a funeral, work, and family time.  So, I already blew my intention of posting frequently this year.  Oh well, I can keep trying!

Since today is Valentine's Day, I thought it would be a good idea to post the card I made - you know, before it's too late!

I made these for my monthly card club card swap - but made extras for my stash!  I added a little more personalization to the inside when I was filling it out to give to my husband.  This card was super quick to make.

Here's how the card came about.  Card club was Tuesday night and I needed to have swap cards.  It was almost 7 PM Monday night and I hadn't started them yet - or even really figured out what I was going to do.  I go to a power pilates then Zumba class on Monday nights so that was going to cut into my card creation time as well.

I zipped down to my craft area and started looking around to see what I could come up with.  I saw the flourishes set on my desk (sadly still waiting for me to ink it up for the first time!).  It was upside down and the large flourish looked like a branch - it reminded me of a card that I had seen on Pinterest.  So, my brain immediately jumped to hanging hearts from the branch - because, you know, hearts always hang from branches! :)

So without further ado, here's my Hanging Heart Valentine.

And, the inside...


The card base is made from Neenah Solar White 110lb card stock.  The hearts were all punched from StampinUp! red glimmer paper.  The ink I used was Gina K Designs Black Onyx ink and StampinUp! Real Red ink.  The flourish is Elegant Flourishes designed by Carolyn King from Gina K Designs.  The sentiments are from Boutique Borders: Love Mini Stamp Set and Boutique Borders: Valentine Mini Stamp Set both by Papertrey Ink.  I used a black gel marker and a ruler to draw in the hanging strings for each of the hearts.

I actually really like how the cards turned out.  The sparkly hearts really shimmer in the light and are popped up on dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by.  I just finished uploading a bunch of my card photos to my computer so hopefully there will be more posts coming in short order.

I hope you can steal some time to stop back and visit again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Tell me what you think!

Thanks for visiting.