Thursday, January 2, 2014

Peaceful Snow?


Hello again.

We're having quite the snowstorm / blizzard here in Massachusetts.  Last night we got a call that school had been canceled for both today and tomorrow!  Needless to say, the kids were thrilled that their Christmas vacation was being extended.  We'll have to check in with them in June when they aren't out of school yet to determine whether or not it was worth it.

I still had to work today, but they let us out at 2 PM.  The roads were pretty slippery and the snow continues to fall and accumulate!  They also told us to be prepared for the possibility of having to work from home tomorrow.  I can get in to that!!!

So, since I have some unexpected (bonus) time on my hands, I thought I'd put together another post.  I'm not promising I'll be posting every day - in fact, I can pretty much guarantee that I won't be able to post every day, but I'll make every effort to post more regularly than I did the past few months.

Here is a card to go with the beautiful, peaceful view out my window of this lovely snowfall...


Outside
Inside

This card was originally made for my Card Club swap for December, but we had to cancel twice due to weather so I may just add these to my craft sale stash and make something different for January.

The card base is StampinUp! Baja Breeze card stock.  The Peace strip was cut from Not Quite Navy card stock using the Papertrey Ink One Liners Die.  The stamps that I used for both the outside and inside are SU clear stamps: "Endless Wishes".

So, we'll be celebrating the season of snow by shoveling the anticipated 14+ inches of snow!  I'll try to maintain the image and thoughts of Peace as we all dig out tomorrow. 

I'm also hoping that I'll be able to steal some time in my craft room tomorrow.  There hasn't been much of that lately due to the hectic schedules in preparation for and then over the holidays.  So as much as I was bummed about having to be the only one who had to get up and go to work (or school) this morning it was in many ways good to begin to get back to a more normal routine.

I wish you all a Peaceful snowstorm.

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you can come visit again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Tell me what you think!

Thanks for visiting.