Friday, May 3, 2013

Thinking of His & Hers

Hi there,

It's been an absolutely crazy couple of weeks.  I haven't been able to craft any stolen moments!  We've been up to our eyeballs in concerts, soccer games, school open houses.

So, I'm behind on my homework for the His & Hers class by On Line Card Classes.  The class started on Monday, but I haven't been able to get into my craft room all week (well, for even longer than that!).   All three kids had a half day of school today so I came home early to be with them and managed to steal a few minutes in my craft room between organizing this evening's trip to LazerCraze for all you can play laser tag for my two son's and some of their friends.

Monday's topic was Thinking of You cards.  Three techniques were presented and our homework was to use one of the techniques and make both a masculine and a feminine card.

The first technique was utilizing the same sketch for both cards and was presented by Kristina Werner.


I decided to use Poster Board Sentiments by GinaK Designs.  I used the coordinating Silhouette cut files to cut out both the black mats and the focal pieces.  I felt that the card was a little plain so I made another one and embossed the card base.
This one is a little more interesting.  The card base is Pretty in Pink.  The inks used are Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive and Melon Mambo.

For the masculine card I used the same stamp set, same cut files but switched up the colors.
The card base is Crumb Cake and the inks are Not Quite Navy and Riding Hood Red.

Jennifer McGuire demonstrated Thinking of You cards using a Masked Border technique.  Here are my  feminine and masculine cards using the Masked Border technique:
The card stock that I used was Gumball Green for the card base and Neenah Solar White for the layer.  The two stamp sets are both from Gina K Designs, Lots of Dots and Assorted Greetings.  The ink colors are Gumball Green, Melon Mambo and Black.
The card base is Marina Mist and the same Neenah Solar White panel.  The inks are Marina Mist and Not Quite Navy.  The white layer was popped up on dimensionals.

I'm hoping that since this weekend is fairly light schedule wise - only two soccer games tomorrow - that I can get back into my craft room and work on days 2 through 5!

I'd love to hear what attributes you look for of when you choose feminine and masculine cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Tell me what you think!

Thanks for visiting.